What is it?
CISNT Lead Forward Mentoring is the High School version of our Lunch with a Leader mentoring group, focusing on college and career exploration. We are currently serving 9th-11th grade students in our programs at Lewisville High School Main and Killough campuses in conjunction with the Lewisville Area Chamber of Commerce, with hopes to expand to our other high schools in the near future!
How does it work?
- Students are identified based on a need to develop leadership skills, explore college and career pathways, and gain knowledge surrounding applying and interviewing for jobs as well as college admission. Students are then enrolled in the CISNT program.
- Student participants engage in a monthly luncheon with their mentors that is centered around leadership and their future.
- In addition to the monthly luncheon, mentors are committed to at least one additional individual meeting with their student each month that will further establish a positive mentoring relationship, as well as revisit luncheon topics and focus on the student’s individual post-secondary plan.
Become a Lead Forward Mentor!
Steps to getting involved:
- Fill out the application HERE. You will be prompted to choose either LHS Main or LHS Killough, which are the only two Lead Forward Mentoring groups currently running. The LHS Main group serves 11th grade male and female students and the monthly luncheon and is currently full. The LHS Killough group serves 9th & 10th grade male students and the monthly luncheon is held the last Tuesday of every month, 11:30-12:30. If neither of these time frames will work for you, please review our Lunch with a Leader group vacancies HERE.
- RSVP to and attend a CISNT New Volunteer Orientation HERE.
- Pass a criminal background check. (A link will be emailed to you after your orientation is completed, prompting you to login to Verified Volunteers and enter the information needed to run your background check.)
- Get deployed to a campus to begin.