We deeply believe that programs don’t change lives, relationships do. The mission of CISNT is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. In an effort to help at-risk students overcome barriers and achieve their goals, CISNT believes that every child deserves five basic things, which serve as the foundation of all CISNT programs and services.
- A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A healthy start and a healthy future
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation
- A chance to give back to peers and community
We provide two basic program models to achieve our mission:
All CISNT program models utilize the Communities In Schools Six Component Service model to address barriers to success:
- Supportive Guidance and Counseling
- Health and Human Services
- Parental and Family Engagement
- College and Career Readiness
- Enrichment Activities
- Academic Support
While it is important to understand the programs we operate to help an at-risk student succeed, we can never forget that the relationships make the long-term difference. The resources that the community pours into the lives of at-risk students through our CIS staff member and hundreds of volunteers is the key that makes the difference.
**Programs are made possible by generous contributions by City of Denton, City of Lewisville, Office of Juvenile Justice Division, Town of Flower Mound, United Way Denton County, United Way Metropolitan Dallas, United Way of Wise County and many, many other sponsors.